Friday 24 April 2015

Decided against the dresses

I decided against the dresses, having made up samples. I decided hanging out of the bucket would be sprayed gold lace, like snakes scales, black fringing and peacock feathers.
The same materials as the dresses, but just broken down.

I had ideas about the baby shoes and the red glove - to suspend the red glove as if it is reaching out to a shoe. Red cords cut. Shoe just out of reach.

I then thought if I were to make it a photograph rather then the real object this would make it seem more abstract, the idea of a baby being a part of her life, more far away.

I need to experiment with this.

Also I went to see the Cathy Wilkes exhibition at Tate Liverpool. I found her use of materials inspirational, and sometimes linking with my own choice of materials

No comments:

Post a Comment